If you could see me now, I'm giddy and smiling ear to ear. The Violet Fern of rural upstate New York "hammered" me with The Honest Scrap award...I hardly know what to say...OMG, this is too cool! I had seen this once before and felt, like I do most of the time...out of the loop. Not knowing the history of this award, I'll just say that it's passed on from blogger to blogger with a specific set a rules which I simply copied and pasted below. Apparently some folks aren't into this sort of thing, phooey. I'm one who likes to have control over my 'selective memory' and so I make an effort to forget the smarmy looks, snotty remarks and flat out "in your face" insults and embrace whole-heartily compliments and loving gestures. I've received one other award since I started blogging over a year ago and it was too early on for me to know what to do about it...I couldn't get back to the gal that left it, didn't know about the "Blog-roll" yet and probably hurt some feelings out there in the great-wide blogosphere. So, the first thing I did was rush back to that person to check their site and...blow me away...she had just been Hammered too, down under. So, Catmint, of Australia who blogs at Diary of a Suburban Garden, since you've already been Hammered...consider this another nail. I love your blog!
(Copy and Paste if you've been Hammered!)
2. Include the name of the blogger who gave you the award and link back to that blogger.
3. Choose a minimum of seven blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.
5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.
The easy part of receiving this award is passing it on...there are so many wonderful bloggers out there that when I get going I can blog-hop for hours and not realize the time. The hard part is coming up with 10 honest things to say, mostly because I keep powerful secrets which makes folks who don't know me, believe that I'm an open book. Choosing what to reveal (and the fact that I'm a virtual computer moron) has kept me from posting this sooner.
Here goes...FOLKS, YOU'VE BEEN HAMMERED!
1. Wabi Sabi Home & Garden is my favorite new blog and Michelle is a new friend. She lives in my neighborhood, Crestview in North Central Austin and she has an edgy-quick wit. I love her photos and sense of wonder.
2. Gardening at Draco with Bob is inspiring because he's a fierce environmentalist with a wicked moustache!