Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Soggy Equinox

Blooming Cenizo, Rosemary, Autumn Sage

Ahhhh rain. It was 75 degrees today at 4pm...they'd predicted the high to reach 81 but Autumn prevailed. The rain gauge read 3 1/2 inches and it seems as though the plants have doubled in size...whew. It could all be a bluff, Indian Summer could be right around the corner but today was simply delicious. There are some strange things happening in my garden, like white fly and leaf miners that seem to be partying in the night determined to turn the lovely foliage into lacework like frantic faeries, invisible during the day. But other than that, everything is bouncing back after the torturous summer. I can't remember having this many blooms and I'm in love with my garden again.


Happy Gardening!

6 comments:

Lee said...

I know what you mean...I was kind of angry and put off by my garden after such a brutal summer. But now, every trip through it holds a big surprise! The hummingbirds and butterflies (although they are in small numbers this year) are happy too.

ConsciousGardener said...

The hummingbirds are a special blessing and I'm thrilled each time I see one:)

Rock rose said...

Isn't it incredible what some real water and a little cooling can do. Can't wait to see your garden on the tour. Wonderful that 3 bloggers are on the tour.

The Curious Holts said...

I'm counting the days until the tour! I think my garden thinks it's spring. Is it spring? I've been working too hard on my rain chains, if you know what I mean. hahaha. I loved Autumn's article for the newsletter, by the way.

ConsciousGardener said...

Thanks for the3 comments ya'll. I keep meaning to hit my garden with some nice organic foilage feeder, but it keeps raining! Yes, it feels like rain...I'm a working on my rain chains too Michelle...come on over and help! hehe

sweetbay said...

I haven't seen Cenizo before. It is lovely. It's wonderful to have days in the '70s again isn't it?